New to Riding - First bike is a 2016 NM4 - Honda Vultus Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2018, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool New to Riding - First bike is a 2016 NM4

Hi everyone,

I took riding lessons earlier this summer - just for the know how, with no expectations to actually get a bike. However, by day 3 I knew I needed to get a bike.

A friend of mine has the same bike, and loves it. I thought I would start with something smaller, but found a good deal on a 2016 with 1000KM on it - (I love the looks and the fact that it was DCT). I feel that as a new rider (and still scared of the trouble I can get into on a bike) the DCT takes one less thing for me to worry about and for now just get comfortable on the bike.

While I won't be ripping around on it (like I mentioned, a nervous newbie rider) I will have to hit highway speeds on my way to work.

I have been reading lots of threads on this forum and am excited to be a part of the riding community in general.

Currently I am looking on ways to improve safety on the bike (lights/horn). Thinking about going with Admore newest light bar (the one that autodetects negative acceleration) - but not sure where to put it on the bike. I also have noticed some of the light bars people have put - and front white lights that may help. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

The second thing I didn't think I would need but quickly realizing I might is more luggage space. It is really too bad the backs don't carry much. I can't even fit my phone into the front left holder. I am planning on riding ATGATT and didn't realize how much there is to take with you with all the gear. I did go all out with racing boots, separate spine protector, etc. I'm leaning towards the Daytona that others have put on.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself - and I'm looking forward to the days to come!

Cheers,
Irfaan
post #2 of 3 Old 08-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Welcome. I see you have lots of questions. You may want to break them down to individual threads so the few people we have here can see your request in the subject line and respond if they are familiar with your question.

As for rear luggage, several of us bough the universal luggage rack from Webike. You can then mount almost any trunk you want to it. Personally I put a Shad 58x on, and you can adjust it for space. Easily removes as well.

Do some searches and you'll get a lot of info here. Bike is limited production so membership is sparse.

Mike
2016 NM4
2014 CTX700 DCT
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2019, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page