• 1 Post By daveyboy72
  • 1 Post By MTVic
  • 1 Post By valk1999

post #1 of 6 Old 05-01-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New poster and looking for a Vultus

Hello to all, I've not ridden for about 20 years or so. Spinal arthritis made it just too uncomfortable. Always kept the urge though and last year I took the HD rider course just to see if I still had the coordination and strength to ride again at 72 years old. I did just fine in the rider course, but decided at the time to NOT go through with a bike purchase because I was really uncomfortable for quite a while after the course. However... I find the Vultus to be intriquing. The low seat height and the riding position with the included adjustable back rest seems like it'd be beneficial and the two day rider course was really not typical of how I'd ride, so perhaps I'd do OK in terms of possible discomfort. I've been casually looking around for a Honda dealer that has one in stock, as I'd like to at least see one in person sit on it. No dealer I've called on my area has one. They say they'll special order one, but who can buy a bike sight unseen?

Sooo,,,,, does anyone know of a dealer who actually might have one on the showroom floor within a few hundred miles of Raleigh NC? Or does anyone reasonably close to me have one that they would be kind enough to let me meet them and have a sit on their bike?

thanks, Dave Chewning Sr.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
post #2 of 6 Old 06-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Two years ago the closest dealer with a used one (where it could be taken out for a demo ride) was 2 states away (Indiana). It's the same this year. Minnesota lists a new 2018.

A big question is who will service the machine? If local dealers haven't seen one shop hours will go up as they lean how to work on it.

Try CycleTrader for a dealer list.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-13-2019, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's no different to work on than a CTX700DCT. Same engine/tranny. Only difference is how the body parts are removed. Honda loves to hide all the necessary parts under plastic.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

Mike
2016 NM4
2014 CTX700 DCT

post #4 of 6 Old 06-14-2019, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dave, I did exactly that, sight unseen, based on seat height & DCT, after riding a Yamaha Majesty Scooter for 18 years & 85K miles. Couldn't find one here in New England, but a friend found one in eastern TN, checked it out, We did PayPal, rented a car, drove down, and rode it back home after a few days getting used to it in the hills. I would suggest an Air Hawk seat cushion immediately! This seat does not place you on your sit bones; my butt was numb on the first day, and at 250 lbs, I have plenty of padding! Haven't needed to do anything to the suspension, handles my bulk gracefully, and handles beautifully in the curves. Have added the rear rack and a Givi trunk, adjusted the clutch, added an extension to the tall windshield to keep the bugs out of my mouth. I'm 76, but no spinal arthritis, and have not been spinally jolted on any bumps or railroad crossings. Hope you find one, and like it as much as I do mine!
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-16-2019, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You will have a tougher time finding one at dealer than watching Cycle Trader/Craig's List and other sources to find one close to see. You MUST change windshield unless using full face helmet. Other than that, with your condition, suggest adding an air pad like the Air Hawk or others.

Mike
2016 NM4
2014 CTX700 DCT
post #6 of 6 Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What's up with the windshield?

Being from Milwaukee, Wisconsin I've had the good fortune of driving bikes with nice big windshields all the way down to bare naked. What's the story here?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page