• 1 Post By CaliVultus
  • 1 Post By Chris
  • 2 Post By CaliVultus

post #1 of 10 Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Question Do you jack up the NM4 like a cruiser or a sport bike?

I've been trying to study how I can lift my NM4 to do some work on the wheels. But I'm confused as how to do it. If I were to use a center lift stand type like the

or

for cruisers, I really can't find a spot to properly place it without damaging plastic. And if I consider the ones used for sport bikes like the

version, I'm not quite sure, especially on the rear if there is a place to hook it on for proper lift. Has anyone tried either of these with success?
Thanx for your insight.
ChaosPuzzle Change likes this.
post #2 of 10 Old 08-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I also could not find an acceptable solution. I ended up getting the center stand for the NC700S, cutting the foot lever off and making it longer. With the center stand deployed, the rear tire is off the ground enough to work on. If I remove the rear wheel, I can easily lift the front enough to get that off as well. The modification isn't hard, and I used JB Weld Epoxy, so you only need to be able to cut the foot tube (jigsaw with a metal blade is fine) and grind down a 3/4" diameter threaded rod piece that is 5" long. I used a simple angle grinder. So far, the JB Weld has been holding up to virtually daily use as I prefer to park the bike on the center stand than the side stand.

There is a thread on the forum here that details the job.
Hondissimo likes this.

2015 NM4. took delivery on Sept 13, 2014

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-13-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ANSWER: The NM4 is lifted like a Sport Bike.
The rear wheel uses the universal paddle type on the swingarm. There's no place to place any spools.
The front can be lifted by its forks.

Here's a secondary question: If I wanted to use a triple tree stand to lift the front (maybe to change out a tire), what size pin does our NM4 take? The largest one I have is an 18mm and it's too small. Does anyone know this spec? Believe it or not, I called Honda Powersports, and they didn't know (how scary is that?).

Any and all insight into this is greatly appreciated.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-14-2015, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMoFour View Post
ANSWER: The NM4 is lifted like a Sport Bike.
The rear wheel uses the universal paddle type on the swingarm. There's no place to place any spools.
The front can be lifted by its forks.
So would that venom link you have to jack up sport bikes work for both wheels? debating on whether to go paddock or center stand mod--dont have an angle grinder so would have to figure that into the cost.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-15-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
And here are the pics:

post #6 of 10 Old 08-15-2015, 08:07 PM

Nice setup. What are the specific product models and numbers if I'd like to do the same ?
post #7 of 10 Old 08-15-2015, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_blue View Post
Nice setup. What are the specific product models and numbers if I'd like to do the same ?
Venom Motorcycle Front & Rear Paddle Combo Wheel Lift Stands Paddock Stands purchased as a set from from KapscoMoto.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-17-2015, 08:40 AM

wow that looks great! Thanks for the pics, quite helpful.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Zog

I am considering buying an NM4. How difficult is it to remove the paneling so that I can use a lift jack directly on the frame?
post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2019, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would suggest that you try to lift it up at the points where the mainstand can be put on so you do not even need to get rid of the tupperware. I took it from Chris an bought the mainstand of the NC 700 S wich fits to the eyelets behind the engine. Perhaps you can put a bolt thru those eyelets if they do not provide sufficient support for your lift jack. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page