5Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris
  • 1 Post By Chris
  • 1 Post By dspevack
  • 1 Post By Bairdb
  • 1 Post By letterip

post #1 of 8 Old 05-31-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

NM4 center stand

First let me start I'm a new owner of a 2017 nm4 in Canada. I love the bike so far and very satisfied with the purchase. I understand that Honda does not offer a center stand for nm4, however I was curious if anyone has used another Honda model center stand that would work with the nm4 without a ton of modifications? My previous bikes have always had center stands for long term storage or to aid with maintenance.

Rick
post #2 of 8 Old 05-31-2017, 09:51 PM

Garage
Yes, several of us have.
Rick likes this.

2015 NM4. took delivery on Sept 13, 2014

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #3 of 8 Old 05-31-2017, 09:53 PM

Garage
Oh, you want more information?

OK.

Center Stand Install
Rick likes this.

2015 NM4. took delivery on Sept 13, 2014

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 AM

Rick,

In every forum you go to, the search engine is your first friend.
And in a small forum like this where it takes only about a half hour to go thru every topic on the site even if you didn't have a search engine, it makes you look especially lazy.
Nothing wrong with asking questions, but do your research first, then ask detailed questions about what you don't understand.
Regulars are happy to help noobs that have first helped themselves.
When you ask questions where the answer has been discussed extensively and is easy to find, regular forum members quickly get annoyed because it means you want us to work for you repeating ourselves yet again, instead of you doing the research work yourself.
Welcome and good luck with your center stand install.
Gizmo likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-01-2017, 05:21 PM

Garage
Rick,
I'm relatively new to the NM4 and went through the process of modifying and
installing a much needed center stand. The procedure, parts and installation documented here is clear and flawless. I love having the stand and use it all the time.
Blain
Rick likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
First let me start I'm a new owner of a 2017 nm4 in Canada...
Welcome, Rick! You're the only other person that I am aware of with a '17.. Looks as if a couple got sent to Canada, but none to the US (prob due to the different engine config).

As the others have mentioned, take awhile to read through all the threads to get a feel for the topics and call on the expertise of others once you have done so. For example, I know there is a thorough description of a centre-stand modification -- even though I am not in a position to tackle this. Read through that thread and then see if you still have questions.

Safe riding!

letterip (Ottawa)
Rick likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-03-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Sorry did not mean to offend. I'm new to a forum period as I have never joined one ever. I will try and maneuver through it.

Rick
post #8 of 8 Old 06-03-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

I ordered the bike in 2016 prior to the earthquake at he Honda plant. The dealer advised that the model Year would be a 2017 and it finally arrived a couple weeks before Christmas. Long wait but I was successful in getting a 17.

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page