LED-Lighting variants - Honda Vultus Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 03-19-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

LED-Lighting variants

Hello Friends,
today I tested some lighting versions for the front, I plan to install. There are several ideas of where to place the LED panels and how to align them. I bought some dual color panels, because I want the flasher to be included. For the final version the yellow LEDs will be connected to the flasher, hoping they do the same as the originals do. Meaning they glow in normal modus and flash while flashing. The white part of the panel will be connected with the head light, maybe using an effect module for strobe light or such on demand.
Here is how they look like. Which version do you like best? Are there additional ideas? Just tell me!

By the way: The version with the leg deflectors looks really cool but you can see the adhesive tape from the back and there are reflections if you look from the side.

Cheers,
CAPITA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lightig-4-variants_a.jpg (323.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Lightig-4-variants_b.jpg (186.1 KB, 33 views)
Eternallydamned likes this.
post #2 of 11 Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Garage
Did that NM4 decal by the front turn signals come with your bike?
post #3 of 11 Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM

Regarding lighting (and a few other upgrades), you may wish to look at this thread:
Second Round of Mods Complete! Part 1

Also, as you know their are yellow round reflectors at the sides of the front wheel and red round reflectors at the sides of the license plate.
They make the exact same part as powered LEDs. Maybe turn those into additional turn signals and give people on the side of you a better view of your turn signals?
Much more subtle and doesn't disturb the look of the bike that way.

Also, here is a great company to get accent lighting, with phone app controls if you like:
http://www.joeflorida.com/

Good Luck,

Dan

post #4 of 11 Old 03-21-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

@Cali: No, I ordered them for the newly installed panniers. I let them plot to fit exactly in the recesses of the doors. I simply ordered an additional pair for the front.
But the coolest part is: they are of black colour, and high reflective. So they don’t have a high contrast to the bike, except the polished surface. But if you illuminate them, they reflect bright white. Maybe I send an additional photo to show the effect, once I have finished the front wheel.

Regards,
CAPITA
post #5 of 11 Old 03-21-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Hi dspevack,
I already know that thread, thanks! It’s quite interesting how people think about the look of the bike. Some mount several round shaped things on the bike without any respect to the designers excellent work. There is nothing round shaped on this bike, except the wheels. I’d bet if squares or triangles would be able to roll, they would have used such. ;-) Others think, that LED panels, affixed on a scant disturb the look of the bike.

Joeflorida.com is cool, but we would come in trouble with the police if we only think about things like that.

Regards,
CAPITA
post #6 of 11 Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 AM

Garage
Cool! I'll bet that reflectivity makes it pop for attention at night. Do you happen to have the part number for the decals?
post #7 of 11 Old 03-21-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Hi Cali,
sorry for confusion. There is no part number since I uniquely let them produce by a local advertising agency. What I can do is asking them to plot additional decals, assumed they still have the file. I gave € 80,- for four pieces and sticked them myself. And they look really cool at night, that’s for sure!

Regards,
CAPITA
post #8 of 11 Old 03-21-2017, 05:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPITA View Post
Hi Cali,
sorry for confusion. There is no part number since I uniquely let them produce by a local advertising agency. What I can do is asking them to plot additional decals, assumed they still have the file. I gave Ä 80,- for four pieces and sticked them myself. And they look really cool at night, thatís for sure!

Regards,
CAPITA
Two questions then:
1. Is it the exact same size as the embossed indentation on the panniers?
2. Does it also come in red?
post #9 of 11 Old 03-22-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Hi Cali,
first: yes they are. I ordered them to exactly fit the indentation of the panniers doors. And they do.
second: I'm sure they can be cutten from every foil on the market if you have the file for the plotter.

Regards,
CAPITA
post #10 of 11 Old 03-22-2017, 10:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPITA View Post
Hi Cali,
first: yes they are. I ordered them to exactly fit the indentation of the panniers doors. And they do.
second: I'm sure they can be cutten from every foil on the market if you have the file for the plotter.

Regards,
CAPITA
Capita,
Do you have a website where I can place an order?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page