Chain - Honda Vultus Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By CCPhill
  • 1 Post By Gizmo

post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2016, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Chain

What is the expected life (miles or months) of the chain that comes with our bikes?
Also, what length (I guess in links) fits our NM4?
Lastly, is one type (sealed, x-type, etc.) really better than another, or is it just a matter of preference?
Thanx for anyone's and everyone's input.
post #2 of 3 Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 PM

Just took my NM4 in for it's 16,000 mile service. Noticed chain was starting to slap as I accelerated. Needed a new chain. Not sure about where you live but here in Florida we get a lot of sand in the air which probably does not help mush on the life. I just ordered the Honda replacement. As I have a service plan with my shop they fitted it for free. But belt and new sprockets (They advice replacing both when you change the chain) was around $300. Chain alone was around $200
CaliVultus likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPhill View Post
Just took my NM4 in for it's 16,000 mile service. Noticed chain was starting to slap as I accelerated. Needed a new chain. Not sure about where you live but here in Florida we get a lot of sand in the air which probably does not help mush on the life. I just ordered the Honda replacement. As I have a service plan with my shop they fitted it for free. But belt and new sprockets (They advice replacing both when you change the chain) was around $300. Chain alone was around $200

16,000 miles ALREADY! I need to touch base with you before you hit the 50,000 mark!
CCPhill likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page