Battery minder quick connect pigtails - Honda Vultus Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 04-28-2017, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Battery minder quick connect pigtails

I just purchased a NOCO gen2 mini two channel battery tender and received it with battery connection cables that have no quick disconnects. I have the wiring skill to install quick connects in the factory wiring but, thought I'd check to see if anyone had found a part already wired.

2016 NM 4 DELIVERED AUGUST 2015

MODS: Honda tall windscreen, modified NC700S center stand, Honda rear center console, rear carrier with passenger backrest, modified standard garage door opener installed, rear right foot brake moved to Silver Wing master cylinder on left handlebar. Replaced Honda rear carrier with Datona unit. Installed vintage TriBar holder and Samsonite top box.
Bikes, brother's Harley Duoglide, Hondas CB92, CB77, CB750 K2, CX500 and now NM 4-2, SilverWing.
post #2 of 13 Old 04-28-2017, 10:37 PM

Garage
I installed this in the left side passenger foot rest tied to a 15 amp SAE pigtail I connected to the battery. I use it for connecting the Battery Minder, air pump, or heated gear as needed.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031BOTFC

2015 NM4. took delivery on Sept 13, 2014

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #3 of 13 Old 04-29-2017, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Chris, thanks for this, I like your solution and just sent for one.
Blain

post #4 of 13 Old 04-29-2017, 01:30 PM

Garage
Here is a photo I took of it installed and on the BatteryMinder last winter.

Just remember to use a high quality pigtail if you plan to use the port for more than just the battery tender. I use a 15amp so that it will run my Cycle Pump and my Heated Gear. I love the location as it is easy to reach when seated on the bike so I can just reach down and plug in when using the heated gear.
Gizmo likes this.

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #5 of 13 Old 04-29-2017, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Will do and thanks again Chris.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-21-2017, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I've installed the power outlet to pigtail connected to the battery but note that the pigtail is fused for 7.5 amp. Since I don't need heated grips or clothing here and I carry a compact manual tire pump, think this will work. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Blain
post #7 of 13 Old 05-23-2017, 12:42 PM

Garage
Should be OK. You can always install a larger pigtail later if needed.

post #8 of 13 Old 05-24-2017, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Chris,
I'll just check for heat occasionally when plugged in.
Blain
post #9 of 13 Old 06-06-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Here is a photo I took of it installed and on the BatteryMinder last winter.

Just remember to use a high quality pigtail if you plan to use the port for more than just the battery tender. I use a 15amp so that it will run my Cycle Pump and my Heated Gear. I love the location as it is easy to reach when seated on the bike so I can just reach down and plug in when using the heated gear.
Amazon says this comes as 10amp. How did you upgrade to 15amp?

Mike
2016 NM4, parts ordered!
other: 2012 Victory CCT
post #10 of 13 Old 06-06-2017, 09:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVic View Post
Amazon says this comes as 10amp. How did you upgrade to 15amp?
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure the one I have is 15 AMP rated. The battery harness I'm using came with a 15 amp fuse and the wire gauge on that says 14. Can't see the stub coming out of the connector well enough to read the rating. I know the insulation might just be thick, but the wire looks the same as the harness. Also, the stub coming from the back of my connector is only about 4 inches long, not nearly as long as the one showing at Amazon. Wonder if they changed the part.

If so, a 10 amp circuit is only good for 120 watts which is just barely enough for heated jacket and gloves. I've run jacket, gloves, and pants.

Now you have me curious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page