No 2017's? - Honda Vultus Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 11-18-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

No 2017's?

So I've been following this forum a little while and I recently placed an order for a 2017. I just got a call from my dealer and was told that the 2017's have been canceled because of parts shortage in Japan because of an earthquake 6 months go? I haven't been able to find one that is actually at a dealership anywhere in the US. Guess I'm out of luck?
post #2 of 16 Old 11-18-2016, 06:33 PM

Garage
Where are you located? Maybe us forum members can keep an eye out for you as we're running around. Unless you specifically want a new 2017.
post #3 of 16 Old 11-18-2016, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

I'm in Utah. No 16's to be had around here either. That was my original plan last July when I sold my other bike. When they couldn't find a '16, I figured I would wait on a '17. Placed a down payment last month when they became available to order from Honda. Now I wonder if I'll even be able to get one. I had an '06 VFR before, I loved that bike, but it wasn't passenger friendly. Not sure what direction I'll have to go now.

post #4 of 16 Old 11-19-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputymax View Post
I'm in Utah. No 16's to be had around here either. That was my original plan last July when I sold my other bike. When they couldn't find a '16, I figured I would wait on a '17. Placed a down payment last month when they became available to order from Honda. Now I wonder if I'll even be able to get one. I had an '06 VFR before, I loved that bike, but it wasn't passenger friendly. Not sure what direction I'll have to go now.

NOW would be a GOOD time to 'test ride' a few OTHER bikes, just to get a feel for what you DO like IF a NM4 does NOT come available. Personally, I don't know IF I could wait VERY long to get back into the saddle of a bike. The VFR IS an awesome bike, I kind of wished I had held out for an VFR (1998-2001) instead of a Yamaha YZF-R3. I was spoiled because I liked the V4 engine (had/rode a few Magnas over the years) and wanted to STAY in the Honda family. (Just didn't think about it). Happy Hunting!
post #5 of 16 Old 11-22-2016, 07:07 PM

Garage
Deputymax,
Found this in Utah on CycleTrader. Hope it's close enough.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-28-2016, 12:37 PM

Try a Honda CTX700 or a NC700 with DCT its the same exact drive train but more conventional in design. Either will give you the feel of the NM4 without the styling.
Gizmo likes this.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-28-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliVultus View Post
Deputymax,
Can't go by anything on Cycle Trader - they all put up that generic photos trying to lure in buyers on a bike they can't get. Best bet is to only call dealers on Cycle Trader that has an actual photo - then call them - then the next thing you do is ask them to send you more images to see if they really have one, because even if they sold one before they keep the same images up. The dealer I bought mine from still has my bike on Cycle Trader.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-28-2016, 01:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdelUp View Post
Can't go by anything on Cycle Trader -
Can't one call first and find out if it is actually on the lot before one heads out?
Gizmo likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 PM

Garage
Don't just call, ask for info on the specific bike. Dumb crap like "Can you get a photo of the front tire? They used two different models from the factory and I'd like to know which one is on the bike."

Can't tell you how many stories I've heard from people who visit a dealer only to find out that the bike that was "in stock" isn't available for all kinds of crazy reasons.

"It had actually been sold - It's currently out back in the shop being prepped for delivery, sorry... But since you came in, let me show you...."

Seriously, so many salespeople are jerks.

This is why I made the effort to go to a small family owned dealer and put a deposit down as soon as I could.

2015 NM4. took delivery on Sept 13, 2014

Mods: homemade bracket for topcase, modified NC700S center stand, rear brake at left hand using Silver Wing master cylinder, Amps Rugged Mount 12v GPS charger/mount, USB power at handlebars, Hot Grips heated grips, Clearwater Glenda LED driving lights, SAE power port, Mo-Door hidden garage opener, Custom seat foam and gel pad with hot weather top pad.

post #10 of 16 Old 12-04-2016, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliVultus View Post
Deputymax,
Yeah I tried Monarch Honda as well. They looked in dealer stock database. Only thing close to me is a used one in Colorado and a new 16 in New Mexico.

Monarch also called their sales rep and was told the same thing, 2017 NM4 has been canceled for stateside. Hopefully they will get a good head start on the 2018's and release them early mid year. It's too cold to ride now anyway, so I have a few months before I need to worry about it again, with any luck we will know more around April.

I've also read that Honda and other manufactures are working on getting the US import tax laws changed. Apparently the only reason we get the 670cc rather than the 740? is because of import taxes going up significantly on 700cc+, Maybe if they get that changed we will start seeing the larger cc NM4.
IronCharles and Lancelot like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page