My 2 Month Old NM4 was just pushed over in a parking lot. Body panel/part costs? - Honda Vultus Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 06-26-2016, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy My 2 Month Old NM4 was just pushed over in a parking lot. Body panel/part costs?

There are things more heart breaking, but not many...

I have comprehensive coverage from Progressive, so I may be covered, but I have to wonder what it costs for the body panels on the NM4. It's such an exclusive bike that I am horrified if they are marked up or hard to find.

This is the worst part, the crack by the right mirror.

Then your looking at scratches on the mirror, popped out panels, and on the pannier. I popped together what I could, but that crack is ugly and might get bigger.

Full album I put together for records.

http://imgur.com/a/7wFrR
post #2 of 12 Old 06-27-2016, 01:26 AM

Garage
Ouch! I feel your pain. Gotta be jealous haters.
For reference, you can check Honda PartsHouse. From there you can pretty much judge whether you're getting a good deal or not.
Sorry to see such an unfortunate thing happen to a fellow NM4er. Good luck on the rebuild.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-27-2016, 04:05 AM

Garage
Doesn't take much to total one of these out, considering parts, labor, paint, etc. Frankly, I think Progressive will be looking to write that one off. You might be able to buy it back from them as a salvage bike and try and patch it back together, but any resale value will be pretty non-existent.

My bike has already gathered a collection of dings and scratches. I have comprehensive on it too, but it's just not worth forking over the deductible to fix every minor little thing. The one positive about it is, I don't worry so much about getting that first scratch, so there is that. Sorry this happened to you, some people are just like that, unfortunately. Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-28-2016, 08:19 AM

I am at this moment fantasising about catching someone doing this, and being able to show them the error of their ways, with no witnesses

Sometimes to see clearly you have to close your eyes
post #5 of 12 Old 06-28-2016, 09:42 AM

Garage
A friend of mine went through something similar with his NM4. but instead of just kicking it over, they beat the other side with a bat or pipe. That ended up costing his entire deductible and the total cost of the plastics to replace was $3400.00 along with the front wheel. It was all cosmetic damage.

If it's just the pannier shell, and front right, you might be lucky and have 1200 to 1500 in damage as long as one of the front subframes didn't take damage.

That really sucks. Hope they find out who did it. Any traffic or security cameras around the area?
post #6 of 12 Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 AM

Looking at the pictures it looks like there were parking bays along side the building. Wonder if someone tried to park there and reversed into your bike?. Regardless, it sucks. Looking at the above responses and the potential cost, have you considered just removing the panel, reinforcing it from behind, filling in the front and getting an awesome spray job. Probably cheaper and you could have a very unique looking bike.
Gizmo likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-28-2016, 12:02 PM

That is messed up! Sorry man!
post #8 of 12 Old 06-30-2016, 04:10 PM

Garage
Police report? Any security cameras in the area. Sure would be good to know if it was malicious. Sorry it happened know how I would feel. Too much anger in our world.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-08-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

I wanted to post an update real quick:

We have cameras around the corner but not on the parking lot, which is getting fixed as we speak because my co-workers fear for their bikes now. (Shame this is what it took)

No police were involved as I had no evidence.

Progressive estimate was $2000 but they also marked to replace things that were barely touched like the $400 dollar muffler and the $100 brake pedal. I'll cut corners there.

No marks on the kickstand side of the bike. If it was a car hitting it then it hit it very softly.

I work next to an arcade, lots of kids there. Wouldn't be surprised if some unsupervised brat thought the "batman bike" was a playground toy.

Honestly it held up better than I expected. Like I dreaded that the mirror would SHATTER.

Any suggestions for preventing as much damage if this happens in the future? Frame Sliders? Crash Bungs? Pads? (I kind of want to pad the Pannier door.) Don't know if they make anything that will work on the NM.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpEdge View Post
Any suggestions for preventing as much damage if this happens in the future? Frame Sliders? Crash Bungs? Pads? (I kind of want to pad the Pannier door.) Don't know if they make anything that will work on the NM.
Against crashing, I know of none. But for being alerted in a case like this, how about an alarm? It could even prevent theft if it comes to that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Vultus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page